December 28, 2011

Resolutions

Last January, my sister-in-law shared a brilliant idea - Turn your goals into a game! Face it. Accomplishing goals is a lot easier when you have rewards involved. And the excitement of setting & working towards goals in January is more likely to continue if you make it fun. So, I present to you my {inspiration} for 2012 goals:


Bingo Goals
http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/76827281?access_key=key-1as35kium3boy8qn4j8h

Download, print & fill in your goals. You can be creative. Be specific. And don't forget to assign  rewards for each bingo reached & a bigger reward for when you blackout!

I always like to find some quote/scripture/{inspiration} of sort to focus on while setting my goals. While searching for my motivation this year, I came across a talk given by a leader of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I began reading the address and it seemed extremely familiar. I looked at the date it was given and realized that it was familiar - although given nearly 10 years ago - because I was there when it was given. "Pathways to Perfection." If you're interested, you can find a copy here.

Or, if you're not interested in reading the entire talk (although, I would highly recommend it) Here are a few of my favorite parts:

"The battle for self-discipline may leave you a bit bruised and battered but always a better person. Self-discipline is a rigorous process at best; too many of us want it to be effortless and painless. Should temporary setbacks afflict us, a very significant part of our struggle for self-discipline is the determination and the courage to try again."


"...decisions determine destiny..."


"Our Heavenly Father has given to each of us the power to think and reason and decide. With such power, self-discipline becomes a necessity."


"President J. Reuben Clark, many years ago a counselor in the First Presidency, said: 'I believe that we are here to work, and I believe there is no escape from it. I think that we cannot get that thought into our souls and into our beings too soon. Work we must, if we shall succeed or if we shall advance. There is no other way'"


Happy Goal Setting!



No comments:

Post a Comment