December 28, 2011

Quiet Book Pages

As I've been trying to get this blog up & running, I've been racking my brain trying to think of projects to do.


 What?
This is supposed to provide INSPIRATION, not frustration (and hence, a total lack of creativity).

So, I made a decision. Although this project is not anywhere near finished, I will post what I do have done on this quiet book.

I have two boys. Two YOUNG boys. When I started thinking about making a quiet book I knew "one" would not be enough. So, I developed this plan:

Make LOTS of pages that can be hooked together with metal rings or even in a three-ring-binder. That way I can have two books that can have pages rearranged & shared between them.

I started by making a list, looking for ideas all over online, talking to my experienced mother, etc.

The end of the plan was supposed to be having these completed by Christmas - to give to the boys.

The plan, however, did not include my youngest getting extremely sick (possibly pneumonia), the week of Christmas. Hence, this gift was given as a work-in-progress. We did, however, take what was finished to church with us on Christmas and the boys seemed to enjoy them. (whew, good thing after all that work)!

I chose to use muslin for the pages and cut them to 9x11.5 (so, finished they would be approximately 8.5x11) so they will fit well in a three-ring-binder. I used very little felt because I don't like how it pills up.

Ok, enough chit chat. On to the pics:

Counting: Watermellon seeds.



Basic tic-tac-toe page

Tee-Pee page. Zipper skills. Little army-type-men inside.



Weaving page.

Train cars to hold finger puppets. {LOVE my Cricut! Train page (train & swirl from the "Playtime" cartridge)}



Brush the monkey's teeth (still need to make the toothbrush)



Match the shapes (velcro). I actually thought I'd try shapes made out of fun foam from the dollar store. I figure it's cheap to replace (if I need to) but should hold its shape better than felt.

I'm also a fan of having storage on each page for any little peices. Hence, the pocket at the bottom of the page.

Tick-Tock clock page (still need to make the hands)

Football tying page



Large pocket/backpack page to hold any extra shapes & a little snack for the boys to find.


Match the colors flower page - the pot doubles as a pocket for the flowers.

This is just a start. I have many more pages in mind and will share them once they are finished.

If you have questions about specific pages, feel free to leave a comment and I'll try to answer your questions or give instructions where needed. Thanks for lookin'! Hope I've provided a little inspiration!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment