July 19, 2012

Peasant Dress




So much has happened in my personal life this year - partially causing the blogging hiatus. Slicing my finger which required surgery to repair the nerve & tendon, dealing with a torn ligament in my ankle, finding out baby #3 is on the way, and finding out we'll be having a GIRL!

I've been wanting to sew girl things for a while, but have yet to make it to the fabric store to stock up on girly fabrics. However, in an attempt to be more organized, I was gathering up items to donate and realized I do have girly fabric... just in the form of other items. A lightly used scrub top worked perfectly to provide me with more than enough fabric for this sweet little peasant dress!

So my project for today? Finally tackling one of the many ideas I've gathered on Pinterest!

Abby's tutorial on Sew Much Ado is fantastic - so simple & thorough, not to mention FREE! Love it!





Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It will be fun to see your little Leah Marie in her first dress!

    ReplyDelete