January 7, 2012

Sock Snowmen


I don't know about anyone else, but this weird-winter-weather has thrown me for a loop.

Christmas was wonderful, and, as always, it was nice to get back to "normal" after taking Christmas decorations down. However, when we woke up to snow this morning, it made me
feel "Christmas-y" all over again!

I assume we'll eventually get a winter-wonderland around here. Christmas decorations are down, but I'm not ready to take down all my winter decor... not when it hasn't even felt like winter.

So, my snowmen are out and I made a few more to add to the bunch!

I found a little {inspiration} from Amy over at Then She Made...





*socks

*scissors

*rice

*rubber bands

*acrylic paint


I tried a few different ways of doing it and I love'em all! Two out of one sock or ONE big snowman using an entire sock. They all worked. For their faces, I simply painted it on using acrylic paint and the end of a paintbrush handle.

While making my lil' sock friends, I felt {inspired} to create another little snowman using a container from the little baby cereal puffs...


Happy Winter!





Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: